First and foremost there is zero judgement for those folks who haven't finished all of their holiday shopping. Since every single blogger will be doing the same post on "best last-minute shopping ideas" I decide to put my fabulous spin on the topic.
Depending on who you're buying for I would say use discernment, don't give someone a bottle of wine when you know damn well they don't drink. However, since this is a beauty/makeup focused blog I'm going to assume you're here for those goodies.
Let's get to it! *grinchy grin* I don't want to state the obvious places but go to the meccas- Sephora and Ulta! Now I would recommend Ulta because they have ammmmmaaazing holiday value sets that you can pick and choose something for you and a friend. I don't care ... I'm that person. I like to get myself while I shop for others. Tis the holiday season after all!
Here's my suggestion only go for brand gift sets that you already like and use. I'm not saying putting the brakes on being adventurous, since both Sephora and Ulta have a pretty loose return polices. It's just having to go back to the store to return shit you didn't like along with hundreds of other remorseful shoppers. Yeah, no thank you.
Here are just a few goodies I got myself that are 100% worth the money:
- Glow Recipe value set, which includes Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 fl oz/Pink Juice Moisturizer 0.85 fl oz and Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 1 fl oz $76 value, priced at $48 USD
- *Perrfect for traveling
- bareMinerals Deluxe Collector's Edition Mineral Veil Finishing Powder, net weight 18g/0.6 oz $64 value, priced at $41 USD
- bareMinerals Deluxe Collector's Edition Original FOundation BRoad SPectrum SPR 15, shade Fairly lightly 03, net weight 18g/0.6 oz $69 value, priced at $46 USD
- Urban Decay All Nighter 2-pack (Give one, get one.) 118ml/4.0 fl oz $66 value, priced at $42 USD
- Mario Badescu Skincare Rose Facial Spray Trio Set includes- Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater 2fl oz, 4 fl oz and 8 fl oz, priced at $24 USD
- Boscia Matcha Magic Super-Antioxident Mask 85.8 mL/2.9 fl oz and it comes with a mask applicator
- Ekk I can't remember the exact amount but it was $15 or less
- You do have to a membership and some stores carry different products.
- Ocean Salt- I get the original which is a bit coarser but they do have a softer version.
- Mask of Magnaminty- I love this mask and it will pull every bad decision out of your face.
- These products weren't on sale but they're just amazing and last
This year I definitely purchased items that I really use and love to avoid waste and becoming more of beauty junkie than I already am. I'm sure there is a therapist out there who would love to get me in their chair. Haha ... not this year!
The older I get, the smarter I get about shopping. We work hard for our money, so you might as well invest in products you use and love!
I shared mine, now you show me yours! Leave a comment on your favorite places you hit up before crunch time.
Wishing everyone a lovely, abundant and prosperous holiday season!